Reporting to: Group Accountant
Located: Head Office – Corrs Corner Hotel
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (9am-5pm – Full time 40 hrs per week)
Job Purpose: The purpose of the role is to assist with the day-to-day financial, accounting and administration duties of the department.
Role Summary: To provide and maintain day-to-day financial and administrative support to the business across accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, Management accounting and finance administration. To ensure that the Finance and administration function is kept up to date and all records are accurate to enable the smooth running of the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Role and responsibilities:
· Month end Journal postings – revenue, debtor movement, payroll, accruals, prepayments etc.
· Responsible for accurate, weekly bank reconciliations which includes posting payments and receipts to Hotsoft and SAGE as well as investigating any discrepancies to ensure the records are correct and up to date.
· Responsible for Balance Sheet reconciliations and supporting records.
· Assist in the management of the Fixed Asset Register and monthly depreciation journal postings.
· Ensure all purchases are fully and accurately recorded on Sage 50 (with the correct supplier code, nominal code, description etc. being attributed to every record).
· Assist with P&L and trend analysis as well as weekly and monthly reports.
· Assist with the production of the COS report with regards to the food costs for the Group kitchens.
· Assistance with statutory returns such as VAT and payroll.
· Assistance with the monthly payroll processing as and when required.
· Assistance with the external audit and preparing files for the annual audit.
· Any ad hoc assistance required by Group Accountant/Senior Management
· 2+ years’ experience in a similar finance role working to month end deadlines.
· Qualifications in and/or demonstrated accounting, bookkeeping and finance administration skills.
· Experience of working with financial software packages as well as Microsoft office in particular Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Good communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work autonomously and take initiative when needed as well as being a team player.
· High level of numeracy and attention to detail.
· AAT qualified/part qualified
· Experience of report writing in SAGE.
· Experience of using Hotsoft and SAGE Line 50 and SAGE payroll
· Experience of using PowerPoint.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com