Job Description – Operations Manager
Hotel – Dillons Hotel
Responsible to – General Manager
This role would see the successful applicant be responsible for the day to day running of the hotel and reporting directly to the GM. The role would be suitable for an experienced Operations Manager/Deputy GM, an experienced Duty Manager looking to take the next step in their career, or an experienced HOD looking to move into a more senior position. The role involves liaising with and overseeing all areas of the hotel on a day to day basis ensuring consistency in service, quality and professionalism, with emphasis on training and development.
This is a senior position in a busy hotel with the main focus being F&B, bedrooms and a strong tour business during the season. The role would suit an experienced Operations Manager/Deputy GM, a Duty Manager with a minimum of 2 years experience or a HOD with a minimum of 2 years experience in a busy F&B environment.
- Ensure all staff have been properly inducted into their role as per company policy.
- Ensure all staff report for duty on time in full uniform and conform to personal Hygiene policies.
- Ensure that any lateness or absence is dealt with as per Hotel policy.
- To direct control and organise staff to ensure efficient running of the Hotel.
- To promote a cross training approach, to multi skill the team that gives flexibility to the business.
- To maintain a presence within the service areas to ensure standards are being met.
- To ensure all conference and banqueting areas are maintained to the highest standard and all equipment required is available in good working order.
- To be aware of optimum staffing levels ensuring staffing reflect the business with focus on wage %.
- Maintain standards as set in the company SOP`s ensuring all staff within your team have completed and signed off on the standard.
- To produce and present to the GM by Wednesday a weekly rota based on forecasted business for the following week.
- To be involved with the interviewing selection process and ensure that suitable candidates are recruited for any advertised role.
- To carry out staff job chats within the time frame set for completion. This is to be done in conjunction with HODs.
- To train your team on upselling techniques pointing out the benefits not only to the business but to the customer experience.
- To monitor guest feedback and act on positive and negative to improve where necessary.
- To be aware of sales against forecast and identify any areas for sales opportunities to maximize revenue.
- To liaise with all other HOD`s to ensure all departments are working together and up to date relevant information is given.
- To accept control of the day to day running of the Hotel while on duty ensuring all areas of the Hotel are ready for business and to prepare for the next day`s business.
- To ensure the Health and safety of all staff and guests.
- To arrange/attend weekly HOD meetings.
- To complete any training opportunities offered that may enhance your skills.
- To perform Management shifts diligently and without compromise as a result of any other duties assigned.
To Apply for this position please send your CV to Robert Mc Elhinney – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a Family Hotel Group and as such we aim to treat everyone who enters our hotels as a member of that family. With this in mind McKeever Hotels is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and customers.