Group Revenue Manager
JOB TITLE: Group Revenue Manager
REPORTING TO: Marketing Director
JOB PURPOSE: The Revenue Manager is responsible for planning, organising and directing all activities of revenue management in all market segments across the McKeever Hotel Group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Group Development; responsible for the launch of head office lead revenue management projects and implementation across the McKeever Hotel Group including setting & updating rate strategy per market segment on 12 months rolling basis.
- Revenue Management; to manage and drive all areas of the McKeever Hotel Group revenue - Rooms, Conference, Events, F& B, Catering and Weddings through business analysis and pricing strategies.
- Collaboration; to Work with Directors/ Senior Management/ Heads of Department operations to ensure revenue management initiatives are implemented group wide and to agree KPI’s to measure and ensure laid down objectives and results are achieved.
- Systems; Responsibility for ensuring the IT tools for driving revenue are configured and systems are in place to ensure the operational function remain continually informed
- Pricing Strategy; to develop, monitor and adjust pricing strategies across the group, to ensure that pricing strategies put in place achieve budgetary targets and are in partnership with the Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Information Analysis and Monitoring; to provide critical analysis of strategies, room statistics and demand factors. To perform relevant daily, weekly, monthly checklist tasks for the maintenance of the yield management system.
- Forecasting; to prepare all weekly, monthly, 3 month and budgetary forecasts using appropriate systems and tools. To use specialist knowledge of the hotels and market to produce and maintain group forecasts using prescribed tools.
- Competitive and Demand Analysis; to ensure rate shopping data is consistent, appropriate and effectively analysed. To review demand calendars, convention calendars and event calendars to keep abreast of all demand generators.
- Driving Commercial Performance; to ensure growth in performance of KPIs such as Room Type Supplements, Peak Nights, House Overbooking and Forecast Accuracy. React to any shortfalls against budget and co-ordinate implementation of tactical offers alongside digital marketing department
- Reporting; To analyse and present individual hotel and Group results at the monthly senior management meetings and annual business reviews.
- Team Management, Training and Development; to effectively manage the team and provide training and coaching to current and new employees to improve performance and to meet the current and future needs of the business. Assign tasks/projects to departmental employees as appropriate to ensure optimum utilisation of resources at all times, attaining financial efficiency and objectives for the company. To liaise regularly with each hotel, corporate marketing, agencies and vendors on campaign management opportunities.
Qualifications & Training:
- A Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Hotel Management or Revenue Management Qualification
- 4 years relevant experience, at least one of which should be at group management level
- Sound functional knowledge of the day to day Management and operations of a Revenue Management Department.
- Good people management skills demonstrated by a previous position in Management.
- Experience and strong working knowledge of spread sheets and database use.
Qualities & Attitude:
- Concise, well organised presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management skills, including leadership, organisation, and communication.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Commercial attitude and proactive sales approach.
- Advanced competency level in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- The ability to work within and manage a team.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
- Must be able to present contrarian viewpoint and gain consensus through business analytics.
- Clean Driving License and access to own vehicle essential.
- Experience working in 3 star – 4star hotels desirable
Closing Date: WEDNESDAY 18TH APRIL 2018
Please send CV to email@example.com